Alternatives Investor Survey 2019 UK
This is our seventh annual Alternatives Investor Survey and it continues to provide a unique insight into the thoughts of investors active in the market. Alternatives accounted for over £16 billion of transactions in 2018, a further increase from 2017, but what can we expect for the year ahead?
The outlook for 2019, both politically and economically, is uncertain. The fast moving and constantly changing nature of events in the run up to the UK’s proposed departure from the European Union can still yield several different outcomes, each of which will have a differing impact on Alternatives and the wider commercial property market.
Amid this volatility, this report looks at why Alternatives remain a key feature of the commercial property market and why you should invest, as we are predicting continued growth in 2019. In this report you will find:
- The full results from the survey, including which Alternative sectors our respondents are planning to invest their expected £8 billion on, in 2019
- Why our respondents are planning to invest in more than one Alternative sector
- The relative maturity of the Alternatives sector across the UK in 2019
- The opportunities and challenges of investing within these sectors
- The outlook into the market amid the uncertainty surrounding Brexit.
Regardless of what impact economic uncertainty may have on the commercial market, the fundamentals behind Alternatives remain unchanged and there is still a strong need for more purpose-built supply across all sectors to meet growing demand. The outlook for 2019 remains robust and market share should increase further as both existing investors expand, and new entrants seek to gain a foothold. Read our report to find out more.